10. When your husband excuses himself to go use the restroom and doesn’t come back for twenty minutes, you don’t sweat it. You relax and order another drink. 🙂
9. A kayak trip invites great arguments, but instead of spending the rest of the night crying from how rude his critique of your kayak stroke was, you just splash the heck out of him and it’s over.
8. The French women who are topless on the beach don’t seem to make you as angry. AND, he’s wised up a bit and looks the other way….(“what topless women?…”)
7. You’re more apt to try something new together because the “newness” of a honeymoon isn’t overwhelming you. (We learned to scuba dive and rock climb on this trip, and wow, what an amazing thing to try together!)
6. You’re not in a rush to come home. For one, there are no wedding presents begging to be opened when you get home, only kids begging to be entertained.
5. At the airport you ask someone how to get to the subway. They explain with clear instruction. Then he goes searching for a map b/c he needs to “figure it out for himself”, and instead of starting an argument you just smile and let him find a map (while you head to the subway).
4. When she (this would be me) says, “I feel like we should eat dinner alone tonight b/c we haven’t connected and talked much.” He (which is Brian) decides against saying “We’ve been talking and connecting for the last FIVE days!” Instead he says, “sure, that makes sense.” And turns to roll his eyes so I can’t see (because he knows that will start me crying for sure!)
(now we’re getting into the top three…my favorites!)
3. Every time you turn around, head to dinner, head to the beach, sit and read, go rock climbing, he tells you how beautiful you are. And because you’ve had deep healing in your heart, your spirit smiles and says “i receive”.
2. Fights with each other are still as colorful as ever, but making up has never been so good. The honeymoon can’t even touch the anniversary make-up sessions. 🙂
1. The number one thing…the countless people who asked us if this was our honeymoon.
I know there are many of you who read this blog and have your own reasons of why anniversary trips have been better than your honeymoon. If you care to share, we’d love it! You can post it below in the comments!
Many photos to come and lots of catching up to do with all of you!
We’ve also got some fun announcements to make this week, like the photo contest winners! 🙂
Thanks for journeying with us to the end of the world!