10. When your husband excuses himself to go use the restroom and doesn’t come back for twenty minutes, you don’t sweat it. You relax and order another drink. 🙂
9. A kayak trip invites great arguments, but instead of spending the rest of the night crying from how rude his critique of your kayak stroke was, you just splash the heck out of him and it’s over.
8. The French women who are topless on the beach don’t seem to make you as angry. AND, he’s wised up a bit and looks the other way….(“what topless women?…”)
7. You’re more apt to try something new together because the “newness” of a honeymoon isn’t overwhelming you. (We learned to scuba dive and rock climb on this trip, and wow, what an amazing thing to try together!)
6. You’re not in a rush to come home. For one, there are no wedding presents begging to be opened when you get home, only kids begging to be entertained.
5. At the airport you ask someone how to get to the subway. They explain with clear instruction. Then he goes searching for a map b/c he needs to “figure it out for himself”, and instead of starting an argument you just smile and let him find a map (while you head to the subway).
4. When she (this would be me) says, “I feel like we should eat dinner alone tonight b/c we haven’t connected and talked much.” He (which is Brian) decides against saying “We’ve been talking and connecting for the last FIVE days!” Instead he says, “sure, that makes sense.” And turns to roll his eyes so I can’t see (because he knows that will start me crying for sure!)
(now we’re getting into the top three…my favorites!)
3. Every time you turn around, head to dinner, head to the beach, sit and read, go rock climbing, he tells you how beautiful you are. And because you’ve had deep healing in your heart, your spirit smiles and says “i receive”.
2. Fights with each other are still as colorful as ever, but making up has never been so good. The honeymoon can’t even touch the anniversary make-up sessions. 🙂
1. The number one thing…the countless people who asked us if this was our honeymoon.
I know there are many of you who read this blog and have your own reasons of why anniversary trips have been better than your honeymoon. If you care to share, we’d love it! You can post it below in the comments!
Many photos to come and lots of catching up to do with all of you!
We’ve also got some fun announcements to make this week, like the photo contest winners! 🙂
Thanks for journeying with us to the end of the world!
Ahhhhhhhh! She’s back! Isn’t it good to be missed?! Sounds like you and Brian had an incredible vacation with loads of memory makers. Glad you are home safe….can’t wait to see the imaages! Welcome home . . . Caron
Glad your trip was nice. Welcome home.
Anniversary trips are better. I’ll just say stomach flu about our honeymoon. (it was more like autoimmune problem set off by stress of the wedding but I’ll leave it at flu)
yeah your back! I’m sooo glad you had an amazing trip! Can’t wait to see more pictures 😉
You guys sound like you had a BLAST!!!! I can’t wait until my 10 year anniversary! 🙂
Yeah you are back!! I was actually starting to worry about you guys! I am so glad it was the trip of your dreams. I can’t wait to see more pics.
I’m so glad you guys are back and had such a blast!
Our 10 year anniversary is in a few weeks, but with a newborn we are going to postpone a trip alone together 🙁 Your top ten list made me excited for a trip alone with my hubby! It took me back to the real memories of our honeymoon! Walking on the beach in my bikini holding my in my stomach… All sorts of stuff comes back to me now!
Wow! You totally made my day today! Thanks for all the “welcome back” comments! I missed connecting with all of you, and you’re making me feel so loved! You gals are the BEST!
Oh my gosh…our 10th is coming up this October..we’re still in the brainstorming phase so this is so good to read! As far as our honeymoon?? You don’t even want to know…honolulu, 4-days,3 months pregnant, college exams the day before, college exams right when we returned…What were we thinking??!!
That is so funny and awesome at the same time. Congratulations on your 10th Anniversary!
I was laughing throughout this whole post and ended up having to share with my husband. Our first anniversary trip will be in May, I’ll see how close our experience is to yours.
Welcome back! So happy to hear you are bringing back renewed love and many blessings from your adventures at the end of the world with you. So much better than a t-shirt!
Yea…you’re back! Sounds like a wonderful adventure together — can’t wait to see pics! Our 10 year is coming up in May. 🙂
hey…welcome home! Anniversary get aways are way better than honeymoons! I want an anniversary getaway with my hubby now! I just went away for a couple of days with my mom and it was so great to know how much I missed my husband after being married for 25 years. When he came to pick us up at the airport and I saw him walking toward’s baggage claim, I got butterflies in my stomach. Still after 25 years!!! Love that man! We missed gettting away for our 25th, because our daughter decided that would be a great time to get married! LOL! We look foward to making it up sometime! 🙂
Glad you guys had a great time.
love you guys!