Brian and I head the opposite direction from Montego Bay to Negril in search of white sand beaches and cliff jumping in Jamaica! Boy, did we ever find it and more! When we least expect it, we meet a local Jamaican named Dragon.
Talking Points for the Family, Homeschooler or Classroom
- For the wives, how do you feel when your husband uses the word “just”? 🙂
- Who in your family loves the idea of cliff jumping?
- Anyone nervous about it? Anyone afraid of heights? (Blaze’s mom is afraid of escalators! They always make her dizzy!)
- What is a Jamaican Beef Patty made of?
- Does it sound yummy to you?
- What does Dragon do for a living?
- Where are your favorite white sand beaches? (Our favorite is Thailand!)
- Do you think you’d want to visit Jamaica for a future adventure with your family?
- What was the most interesting part of White Sand Beaches and Cliff Jumping in Jamaica? We’d love to know in the comments!
About the Talking Points
Before becoming a photographer, I taught high school and middle school English for seven years while I worked on my first book. I fashioned these talking point/questions for all ages. Some of the questions are easy for little ones, and some require more thought from older students. Our hope is that your family will enjoy watching the episode and have some fun talking points after–maybe some inspiration for your next family adventure!
Is Jamaica Safe to Explore?
Brian and I have traveled extensively with our family. We never got the feeling that we weren’t safe. Even when our rental car broke down (yes, that happened), a bunch of local men came over to help. Their kindness was amazing. You always need to be safe when travelling, listen to your gut instinct. But don’t let the rumors keep you from Jamaica. You’ll love the kind people, food and the white sand beaches and cliff jumping in Jamaica!
Did you see Part 1 of our time in Jamaica?
CLICK HERE to watch Part 1: Searching for Bob Marley and Meeting Locals